Maybe this is just not for me, as I'm normally not a fan of these kind of animes (so keep that in mind when reading this review), but for all the praise Fate/Stay Night: UBW has received, I thought it was quite bland and overall disappointing. 

The art is great, and the battle's animation is outstanding, that's undeniable; but I think the story leaves a lot to be desired and the characters are ultimately not that interesting. The first couple of episodes paint a very attractive picture of this fantasy world where heroes and mages exist and battle each other, but you never get to really see much of it. I think this anime would benefit a lot from exploring the origins of the Holy Grail War and its heroes (and yes, I know there's a prequel, but I think it was necessary here in Fate/Stay Night: UBW).

Although I did get hooked and ended up watching the whole first season in a week, I can't say this anime made me feel anything. So, I can't really recommend it. Watch it if you have the time and don't want to seem uninformed in front of your otaku friends. And hey, if you happen to love this genre, then by all means go ahead and watch it! But beware that Fate/Stay Night: UBW (at least its first season) is not worth the hype.

Score: 6/10